Posted: April 10, 2020
VMH Community & Home Care
40 1st Street SE
Waukon, IA 52172
Allamakee County Specific COVID-19 Statistics
Through April 10, 2020
Total Cases to date 20
Cases Requiring Hospitalization 4
Deaths due to COVID 1
Recovered/ Off Isolation 15
Number of tests sent to State Hygienic Lab *** 63
Number of negative tests processed at SHL 43
Number of tests pending at SHL 3
***We are not able to track the number of negative tests done on Allamakee residents at reference labs such as Gundersen, Mayo, University of Iowa, etc… All positive tests done are reported to IDPH (Iowa Dept. of Public Health) who notifies Allamakee County Public Health to initiate follow up.
Recommendations for people with illness
DO NOT GO TO WORK OR LEAVE YOUR HOME IF YOU ARE ILL
Stay home and isolate from others in the house until:
• You have had no fever for at least 72 hours (that is 3 full days of no fever without the use of fever reducing medications)
• Other symptoms have improved (for example, when your cough or shortness of breath have improved)
• At least 7 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared.
If you think you may need healthcare, call first. Your provider can assess whether you need to be seen in a healthcare facility or you should try to recover at home.
• Remember to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow/upper arm
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer for at least 20 seconds
• Maintain 6 ft distance between each other
Remember the virus can’t move if you don’t !!
Let’s do what we can to keep Allamakee as safe as possible !!