Posted: August 28, 2019
Free event Thursday, August 29, 4-7 pm
Winneshiek Medical Center will hold a Grand Community Picnic on Thursday, August 29 from 4-7 pm on the WMC campus.
“The Grand Community Picnic has become a fun tradition for many families as summer winds down each year. The picnic is an opportunity for the medical center to continue to show our gratitude to the people who trust us to provide health care for their families, neighbors and friends,” says Lisa Radtke, chief administrative officer, Winneshiek Medical Center.
Free Community Picnic Attractions
- BBQ pork sandwich, chips and a beverage
- Giant Bouncy House Obstacle Course
- Kids games area
- Giant Walk-Through Colon (cancer education for everyone)
- “What You Don’t See” trailer (drug education for parents/caregivers)
- Face painting
- Popcorn from the Lion’s Club
- Pokey Pete rides
- Trolley rides by Decorah Trolley Company
- Live music by Mike McAbee
- Garden tours
- Garden food demonstrations
- WMC ambulance tours
- WMC Radiology tours
- Fire truck display
- Winneshiek County Canine McCoy meet-and-greet
Moo-Mobile shakes will also be available for $1 each throughout the evening.
The picnic is made possible with the help of more than 100 staff volunteers from Winneshiek Medical Center, the WMC Auxiliary and WMC Foundation, and will be held rain or shine.
Convenient parking will be available, with regular trolley rides and golf carts running from the parking lots to the event site.
Information on the WMC Grand Community Picnic is also available at www.winmedical.org/community-picnic. For additional information on the picnic or other Winneshiek Medical Center activities, please call the WMC Marketing & Communications department at 563-382-2911 or email email@example.com.