Posted: June 4, 2019
Medicare Questions? SHIIP can help.
SHIIP (Senior Health Insurance Information Program) is a program through the State of Iowa – staffed by trained volunteers – that provides free informational materials as well as one-to-one assistance with:
- Medicare coverage
- Medicare supplement insurance
- Medicare Part D assistance and enrollment (prescription insurance)
- Long-term care insurance
- Medicare and insurance claims
- Other related issues
SHIIP does not endorse insurance companies, plans or agents; the volunteers answer questions and provide impartial information to help seniors make well-informed decisions. SHIIP is available to help if you:
- Are going on Medicare
- Are over age 65, on Medicare, and have questions
- Are on disability with Medicare and Medicaid
SHIIP volunteers are available by appointment at Winneshiek Medical Center in Decorah by calling 563-387-3036.